HEI Vision 2040
At the Centre for Higher Education Innovation and Development, we have a clear understanding that making real progress towards our vision requires two critical ingredients – a sense of sustainability, and a long term orientation – so CHEID is well cast in those regards. We developed a phased approach to achieving our objectives and set goals. The phase one is set for 2015 to 2040 aka HEI Vision 2040. Before the expiration of the 25-year term there would be clear and bold milestones in our higher education system to reference. They include:
- Five Nigerian universities will rank among top ten universities in Africa.
- An average Nigerian public university’s endowment fund will be worth as much as 100 billion naira.
- Nigeria will become Africa’s higher education hub.
- At least a Nigerian university will rank among world top 100.
- Industry presence in the Nigerian tertiary institutions will be common place.
- There will be remarkable general improvement in graduate employability.
- There will be general improvement in the HEIs’ intellectual property portfolio and value.