The Centre for Higher Education, Innovation and Development (Nigeria), in collaboration with BusinessDay (Nigeria) and Universities South Africa, kicks off its higher education web conference series with a two-part webinar on Africa’s higher education system and COVID-19.
The webinar takes place on Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 May 2020 at 10:00 – 11:30 am WAT on each day. Interested participants are required to register separately for each day of the webinar through these links https://bit.ly/3dvlRK2 and https://bit.ly/2yDKw02 respectively.
The first part of discussions will focus on the following:
- Seek to understand how individual institutions within the continent are coping and dealing with the challenges occasioned by COVID-19.
- Share helpful lessons and experiences from those institutions that have made better progress.
- Explore possible new ways of institutional collaboration in these times of crisis and beyond.
- Share ideas on how to deal with the challenges of digital learning and the required shifts by teachers and student, etc.
And the second part of the webinar series will focus on these key issues captured below.
- Interrogate ongoing actions, and share helpful leadership insights therefrom.
- Stimulate new ideas and inspire critical thinking necessary for providing effective leadership in these uncertain times.
- Seek to understand how governments in different climes are collaborating with and supporting higher education institution leaders to navigate COVID-19 crisis.
- Seek to answer the question, what does the new normal look like for higher education?
- Seek to understand, hitherto, what non-existing structures and tools institutions and leaders need now to compete and remain relevant post COVID-19, etc.
It promises to be as engaging as it is insightful.